Respect Code of Conduct for Young Players
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the
As a player, you have a big part to play. That’s why The FA is asking every
player to follow a Respect Code of Conduct.
When playing football, I will:
· Always play to the best of my ability
· Play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time.
· Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee or my
· Play by the rules, as directed by the referee
· Shake hands with the other team and referee at the end of the game
· Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me
· Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare officer if I’m unhappy about
anything at my club.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions
may be taken by my club, County FA or The FA. I may:
· Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, referee or
· Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee
· Be dropped or substituted
· Be suspended from training
· Be required to leave the club.
· My club, County FA or The FA may make my parent or carer aware of
any infringements of the Code of Conduct
· The FA/County FA could impose a fine and suspension against my