Code of Conduct for Spectators and Parents/Carers
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the
This club is supporting The FA’s Respect programme to ensure football can
be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment.
Remember children’s football is a time for them to develop their technical,
physical, tactical and social skills.Winning isn’t everything.
Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct for spectators
and parents/carers at all times.
· Remember that children play for FUN
· Applaud effort and good play as well as success
· Always respect the match officials’ decisions
· Remain outside the field of play and within the Designated Spectators’
Area (where provided)
· Let the coach do their job and not confuse the players by telling them
what to do
· Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match
· Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of
· Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions
may be taken by my club, County FA, league or The FA. I may be:
· Issued with a verbal warning from a club or league official
· Required to meet with the club, league or County FA Welfare Officer
· Required to meet with the club committee
· Obliged to undertake an FA education course
· Obliged to leave the match venue by the club
· Requested by the club not to attend future games
· Suspended or have my club membership removed
· Required to leave the club along with any dependents.
· The FA/County FA could impose a fine and/or suspension on the club.