NWL U11 Division 1: Swindon Supermarine J 5 CCCFC Whites 1 Print
Season 14/15 - Under 11 White

The Colts were brought back down to earth with a bump following the previous week’s Wiltshire Cup heroics at Salisbury City as a robust Supermarine side handed them their heaviest defeat in more than two years of competitive football.
Again the visitors were somewhat depleted but there was still more than ample talent in their line-up to produce a positive result. However, they appeared daunted by the challenge posed by their taller, more physical opponents and discovered the hard way just what happens when a team lets its high standards slip in such a fiercely-competitive division.
Lining up with the bare nine players on Supermarine’s narrow pitch, Colts started brightly enough. They had a let-off when Luke made a good save and a home player failed to hit an empty net following up but then took the lead in some style. Brandon H’s fine pass from defence found Callum outside the box and he turned well before superbly lobbing the keeper from distance.
But Supermarine were first to most of the set-pieces and pounced on anything loose in midfield as Colts dithered and failed to show much awareness either in or out of possession. They deservedly drew level after the Colts were caught napping at the back and, after Toby, Liam and Brandon M had all threatened with shots at the other end, claimed the lead in the final seconds of the first half following a stray clearance.
While the latter goal was undoubtedly a hammer blow, the visitors had plenty of time to turn things around – particularly with their number increased to ten at the interval.
Yet they disappeared into their shell in the second half as Supermarine bossed proceedings, particularly in a crowded central area.
Toby’s accurate corners always appeared the Colts’ most likely source of a goal, with Matthew heading one of them just wide before almost converting a dangerous free-kick from Luke.
Tom became increasingly overworked in the heart of defence as Colts failed to hang on to possession for long, though, and his resistance was broken when the home side added their third goal of the morning.
Heads went down at that point and two more followed quickly, the last in fortuitous fashion, to put the outcome beyond doubt with more than ten minutes still to play.
With no choice but to commit players to attack, Colts began to look more menacing in the final third and Liam and George both produced decent dribbles while Bradley saw a rising shot from the left beaten away.
But there was no further consolation on a tough day at the office for the Colts, who will need to learn from it quickly with a home meeting with defending champions Croft Juniors Reds up next.
MOM: Callum.


Child Welfare Officer


Mike Poole

T: 07789 722610

E: poolemichaeljames@



Log in

CCCFC on Twitter

Follow me on twitter