NWL U11 Division 1: Forest Green Rovers 3 CCCFC Whites 1 Print
Season 14/15 - Under 11 White

The Whites were unable to repeat their League Cup semi-final heroics against Forest Green when the sides met on Division 1 duty in the picturesque surroundings of Cirencester’s Royal Agricultural University.
As in the previous two fixtures between the teams, it was the Colts who struck first but they were unable to take any of the other chances that came their way and were consigned to defeat by three goals in quick succession in the second half.
Colts kicked off with a slight slope and considerable wind in their favour and took the lead within two minutes. Matthew came out on top after making a crunching challenge on his opposite number and fed Brandon M, whose pass gave Liam a one-on-one chance that he converted with the aid of a post.
Toby nearly made it 2-0 when his driven free-kick from the edge of the box was diverted just wide by Forest Green’s impressive keeper, who later did well to push Brandon M’s lob onto the crossbar. Matthew and Luke threatened with headers from Toby’s pinpoint corners and Brandon H probed well in an attacking midfield role as the visitors pushed for a second before the break.
Tom made a very welcome return to action following a frustrating injury lay-off and posed a threat on the right flank.
Forest Green were certainly on the back foot with the elements against them but carved out a few good opportunities of their own, with Max pulling off one excellent save and Bradley, George and Matthew all making last-ditch blocks as opposing players prepared to pull the trigger.
The second half was a different story and saw Colts forced back, with Callum, Luke and Bradley battling manfully to stem the time and Max dealing with plenty of through balls and efforts from distance.
The game turned when Liam broke clear on goal, produced a superb piece of skill to round the keeper and then hit the bar while appearing to be impeded as he took aim at an empty net. No penalty was awarded and, although Brandon M went close again a minute later, Forest Green were lifted by the let-off.
They equalised when a free header from a corner was dispatched with venom and more slack marking presented the hosts with a simple finish at the end of a slick, one-touch move.
The wind had been well and truly knocked out of the Colts’ sails and the long-range third goal that followed soon afterwards confirmed the result.
Brandon M saw a late shot trickle just wide as the visitors tried to fashion a response but Colts were unable to salvage the point that their performance overall deserved.
But they more than matched a team who are poised to finish as runners-up this season and there were a number of positives to take into a busy and exciting final month of the season which includes seven fixtures – two of them cup finals.


Child Welfare Officer


Mike Poole

T: 07789 722610

E: poolemichaeljames@



Log in

CCCFC on Twitter

Follow me on twitter