NWL U13 Cup quarter-final: FC Chippenham Blue 0 CCCFC Whites 5 Print
Season 16/17 - Under 13 White

The Whites have a North Wilts League Cup semi-final date to look forward to in March after returning to form with a five-star victory at Stanley Park.
FC Chippenham Blue went into the tie unbeaten in all competitions this season and on the back of a fine win over Division 1 opposition in the County Cup. With the Colts struggling to produce the goods of late, the ingredients for an upset were certainly there but they were equal to whatever their hosts threw at them in the first half and put the outcome beyond doubt with 20 minutes still to play.
The Colts were asked to impose their game on Chippenham from the off and made the perfect start when Matthew took a return pass from George and advanced on goal to plant his shot into the corner of the net with less than a minute on the watch.
With a strong breeze in their faces, maintaining that advantage took plenty of hard work. Max somehow held on to a thunderous half-volley through a crowd of players from 20 yards and deserved his clean sheet on the basis of that tremendous save alone. In front of him, Bradley marshalled the defence expertly and Josh and Tom were strong and resolute in the tackle.
Luke S kept play ticking over in midfield and helped keep his side on top in the physical battle and Toby showcased his tricks out wide as he caused the Chippenham right back numerous problems.
Chippenham were narrowly off target with a couple more long-range efforts but found clear-cut chances difficult to fashion and it was the Colts who had the better opportunities on an immaculate pitch, with Toby seeing an effort drift wide of the far post and Luke VDB twice racing through on goal, only to be denied by strong defending and goalkeeping.
The Colts turned around at half-time with a one-goal lead and George had a decent penalty claim turned down before Chippenham hit the bar with a deflected strike at the other end.
The game was then effectively settled with three quick goals from the away side. Some brilliant interplay from Toby and Matthew on the left ended with the latter scoring his second of the afternoon, and then George fired in from the edge of the box with the aid of an upright to make it 3-0.
Matthew saw a looping effort from just inside the Chippenham half hit the post and stay out with the keeper beaten all ends up, but he was not to be denied a hat-trick and forced the ball home from close range to increase his side’s lead.
By now, the Colts were in command and producing some excellent build-up play, with Brandon making good use of the ball on the right and Tom pushing forward powerfully from the full-back position. Callum was foiled in one-on-one situations twice after using his pace to get clear of the defence but Toby was able to add the fifth and final goal of the afternoon with a hooked, first-time effort from Matthew’s pass that caught the keeper out of position.
A rare goal from a corner would have been the icing on the cake but Tom was narrowly off target with his powerful header from Toby’s delivery as the minutes ticked away.


Child Welfare Officer


Mike Poole

T: 07789 722610

E: poolemichaeljames@



Log in

CCCFC on Twitter

Follow me on twitter